Skip to content

If You Need Help Now

If you need urgent assistance with issues such as ID theft or inappropriate contact, we have expert resources to help you.

Cyberbullying and Online Harassment

What to do if you or someone you know is being bullied or harassed online

Online harassment or bullying should be reported to the provider of the online service. In some more extreme cases, you should contact your local police.

Below are ways to contact some of the more commonly used online services and social networking sites:

  • Facebook: Visit Facebook's Report Abuse page
  • Bebo: Click on the Report Abuse link below the photo of a user’s profile or below any specific content
  • Friendster: Go to the direct link at the bottom of profile page – or – click the “Report Abuse” button on Group pages
  • Hi5: Click on the “Report Abuse” link that appears on every member profile and photo – or – go to the Contact Us page and follow the appropriate links for “Report Abuse”
  • MySpace: Click “Report Abuse” link at bottom of any page – or – go to the Help page and enter “report abuse” in the search box
  • AIM: Alert AOL via AOL Keyword: “Notify AOL” – or – by clicking on the “Notify AOL” link at the bottom of each page
  • MSN Messenger: Select the “Help” tab and choose the Report Abuse option
  • Yahoo! Messenger: Select the “Help” tab and choose the Report Abuse option

Suspicious Websites

How to verify if a website is free of malicious software

If you are unsure whether a website is safe to visit, use our free URL checker. Simply type in the website address and we’ll let you know right away if it’s safe to visit, or if it contains malicious software or inappropriate content for children.

Connect with us on